View single post by Rachel EVP Voices
 Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 02:55 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Rachel EVP Voices

Hi Gizmo

We all have a right to our own opinions and the forum is a great place to discuss them, thank you for replying. I'm not sure I can agree with some of your points and I'm happy to talk about why...

I think it's very rare that a mental or physical affliction can not be put down to an explainable cause, whether the sufferer wants to acknowledge it is another thing. I am not saying it's impossible but it's not common.

It might pay the lady who experienced sleep troubles to explore the hypnagogic / hypnopompic hallucinations. They are quite common and most people will have them at some time in their life. I have remarkably vivid hypnagogic hallucinations when I drink too much wine and have a late night. Stress can also be a trigger. If you're interested have a look at this link : http://www.thepsychologist.org.uk/archive/archive_home.cfm?volumeID=22&editionID=178&ArticleID=1545

I'm not saying the stone won't work and yes I believe it is a placebo but as you said, if it works there is no harm other than to the wallet.

As for ghosts, who said I don't believe in them?! :wink:

Best wishes,

Rachel