View single post by Gizmo
 Posted: Jan 20th, 2013 08:33 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Gizmo

Rachel EVP Voices wrote: Hello folks

I hope you don't mind me playing devils advocate but I was very surprised that in an ITC forum there are members that consider the need for stones to ward off negative spirits/entities. I've read how crystals resonate at unique frequencies that supposedly effect spirits and our ability to link with them. In the many years I've been researching, I've not come across one case of activity that crystals had any measurable affect on, other than as a psychological prop - maybe that's enough of a benefit?

A friend very kindly gave me some crystals that were used in the Scole Experiment, sadly they didn't have any affect when we tried using them. However I'm very sure that my friends testimony of their self illumination in the Scole Hole was genuine. I'm not saying it's all bunk but isn't it better to use your intelligence and common sense, than to rely on an inanimate object to make you feel better?

I've witnessed solid objects being thrown across a room and electrical faults around the house coming and going seemingly at the will of an invisible entity, the only thing that keeps me hooked is how do they do it.

Parapsychology NEEDS current cataloged, illustrated cases of activity for research. If you currently have activity, why not get involved with either the ASPR in America or the SPR in the UK. Both organisations I'm sure, would be glad to read your documented account.

Best wishes, Rachel :smile:

SPR: http://www.spr.ac.uk/main/
ASPR: http://www.aspr.com/
Rachel,  I agree.  I am very skeptical about the whole crystal magic thing.  It's almost like believing in the tooth fairy.  For me, in any case.

However, I'm willing to accept that I don't know what is what with the mechanics of the paranormal. A lot of it simply defies logic and reason.  It's one of the big draws that makes me want to know more.

I too have had quite a few anomalous experiences.  We have had moving objects, disappearing objects, spontaneous fires with a witness to see it ignite for no reason.  We have had electronic craziness too.  So, for some time, we've had a kind of front row seat to things that really defy explanation.  My husband is an Empath, as well.  I have veridical confirmation of events that were precognitive in nature in regard to this ability.  It gets interesting around here sometimes.

My interest has become focused on helping people who find themselves trapped in a situation where they are being tormented by the paranormal. It's not as rare as people think!

My point (sorry for the long reply) is that when people who have been in the thick of extreme activity have put black tourmaline in the room where the activity happens, it stops or slows down vastly. 

One person I know, who is quite intelligent and a strong sensitive as well, tried it out of sheer desperation because her bedroom had turned into a kind of paranormal conduit.  Every night, spirits were sort of streaming through and touching them, wrecking their sleep.  

As I said, she didn't expect much from the stones, but she was ready to try anything.  She reported it worked almost stupidly well immediately.  It also worked in her child's room.  There was something unpleasant in there that actually jumped them when they came through the doorway.  Kid was thrown up against the wall.  Mother was made suddenly ill.  Tourmaline eventually weakened it and cornered it until it just faded and was gone.

Could it be a placebo effect?  Maybe.  Could someone who is constantly aware of energies of spirit be delusional?  Sure.  But I don't believe this is the case here.  I'd bet the farm on it. She is a life long sensitive and something stirred things up in her house this past summer.  She thinks it was a combination drought and remodeling. The drought dried up an underground spring that flows under the house. 

CDS has had similar success with this stone.  So have several other people who have used it.

Who knows? All I'm saying is that if it seems to work, do we care how it works?  I'd say, try it.  Anecdotal is all we have, sometimes, with this field. And if it does no harm, why not give it a go?

I didn't use to believe in ghosts, either.  LOL

Last edited on Jan 20th, 2013 08:44 PM by Gizmo