View single post by fratka
 Posted: Jan 8th, 2013 03:39 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
fratka

Nice to meet you too, and letting me vent!

Never fear, no one is trained in this field! Whether formally educated or not, no one is an expert. We are just striving to understand the things we witness by experiencing (or trying) similar activity on a regular basis. The difference between us all is not the interest, but how we approach the investigation. You are dead on (mind the pun) with your take on the majority of the TV personalities and their followers. They do a good job in generating interest but a poor job in showing others how to do it.

Normally, I would say they don't harm anyone but sadly that is not the case. These groups of amateurs (ghost hunters and the like), with no training tend to make contact with people who require help. These "teams" are not equipped to handle these afflicted people who may need counselling due to mental anguish, illness, or just require attention. Also, if the home is truly experiencing a haunting, they are not equipped to handle that either. I have seen too many hunters jump, scream or run (sometimes all three) when something does go bump in the night. I have had to pull them aside an remind them that "This is what we are here for..." and to "swallow their fear!" Its okay to be scared but sometimes the difference between being professional and being a hack is not doing it in front of your client.:blush:

As for stopping the activity...not sure if its possible. Heard of a lot of people trying and some even claim to have done it, but I have never seen it actually happen. Clients always report a return of activity! From what I have seen the connection between the "spirit" and those who are haunted is a mental one. Not as in crazy (mental illness) but as in a compatibility issue. They are tuned into each other, which can take time to affect all in the household but usually starts with just one and then spreads. Breaking the mental connection would be your best bet (IMO).

When we conduct research or experiment with ITC, the connection we have with who or what we are communicating with is important. We tend to connect with those closest to our own "vibration" or resonance. I can imagine it would be the same for a typical haunting but this is pure speculation on my part.

Regards,

Frank