View single post by kgs
 Posted: Jan 3rd, 2013 10:53 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
kgs

Hi Brian,
I've listened to your clip and am able to hear a few different things but I want to download it in wavepad so I can be certain of what I hear before posting it. However I have a question for you if you don't mind answering!! When You say your "instrumental approach" what exactly do you mean by that? I'm fairly new to all of this but I seem to hear more in the clips(my own and others)than most, it's been that way since I first started listening to these nearly a year ago(I see there are several people on here that have the same "problem" which makes me feel less abnormal!) The layering and muffled voices are my two biggest pet peeves! I havent been able to figure out how to use the filters in the software I've used (don't know what values to put in to get rid of, or keep, what I want!) I've been stumbling around looking for an easy or consistant way to "clean up" the muffled/high pitched utterances and separate the layers without a lot of luck. The best tools I've found thus far have been the Speed and Pitch adjustments. I use wavepad for the most part because it allows you to adjust these separately (have a few other pieces of software that do a decent job for some of the "issues" but I keep going back to Wavepad) I first started using them in effort to clean up the muffled and high pitched screechy voices (making minor adjustments in pitch and speed) but I discovered that I could do a decent job of separating some of the layering if I did more "extreme" adjustments of the pitch (and making minor adjustments to speed) I am finding "normal" sounding voices and meaningful utterances at levels (both extremely high and extremely low) that you'd think would make the voices unintelligable. I am amazed at the kinds of things I've heard doing this in fact the most meaningful stuff is often buried the deepest (or even on the Reverse)and they often go from something that was very hard to make out to something very easy to hear and understand!
I am constantly on the look out for new tips, tricks, software or tools to get the job done (and differnt ways to record)so I wondered what you were using or what you meant by your post!

Last edited on Jan 3rd, 2013 10:58 PM by kgs