View single post by Gizmo
 Posted: Dec 30th, 2012 03:12 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Gizmo

Paul wrote: Orbs in general are for the most open to alternative explanations other than paranormal, the one in this pic was taken when I had just sat in the chair and felt the energy of a lady sit by me. I agree orbs caught on a camera have a tendency to pick up spectrams of light which reflect back to the lens "same on glasses" however I do feel there is a connection between orbs and paranormal phenomena, rather than presume orbs are the start of a manifestation "which I would agree are not" I would suggest they are somehow linked to the energy as it passes, much like a particle  of dust would move when a person moves.

I think a lot of confusion occurs with the semantics.  The word, "orb" has been forever tainted by the confusion of folks who take pictures with cheap little digital cameras at night using flash, and discover a plethora of round, semi-transparent circles floating around.  If you want to believe, these are visible things you can tie to the experience of being in a haunted place.  Wow, we couldn't see them when we took the picture!!  (kinda thing.)  I like to be gentle, but these just need to be laid to rest as paranormal.  They are no more paranormal than the sparks you get while touching a metal doorknob while standing on a carpet....explainable, but kinda cool?

There is another category of phenomenon that gets the orb tag.  These are light anomalies.  They are visible to the naked eye.  They can move erratically through solid objects and past doorways through the air.  They glow with light seeming to come from them, not be reflected.  They are often felt as well as seen, especially when they smash into a person.  These are paranormal.  They can be caught on camera.  Most effective is on video.  Care must be taken to eliminate the possibility of them being flying insects, though. 

I think we need to designate them with different terminology.  Orbs are totally debunked, and need to be laid to rest once and for all if this field is ever going to be taken seriously.