View single post by PSB7USER
 Posted: Dec 3rd, 2012 10:30 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
PSB7USER

I just ran across this post, and it struck a chord with me. I am in no way taking your mother's side, but is there a chance that she is correct, in that you do spend too much time ghostboxing? One of the first instances I heard about people becoming "addicted" to paranormal research equipment was from Mr. Bill Chappell, and it was quite interesting. He talked of a lady he knew who lost everything, including her job, because she became addicted to "the paranormal", which was the first I had heard of something like that happening.

I admit, freely, that I do not have many answers. If I did, then the paranormal would not be paranormal to me; it would be life. However; when we stop living our lives, and interacting with humans because of a preoccupation with attempting to communicate with the deceased, it strikes me as unhealthy. If you are holding down a job, and otherwise living a normal life, then maybe your mom is acting out of fear. Perhaps your mother does not understand this whole area, and as such, prefers to label you as opposed to opening her mind to the endless possibilities that exist when it comes to other entities around us.

One thing that I have come to understand, people fear what they do not know. Is it possible that your mother was brought up a certain way, in which she was taught that this type of stuff does not exist? I only ask this because, until my own mother caught an anomaly on a picture she took in our house, she thought I was crazy. I recorded my first EVP out of desperation, to prove that I was hearing something, and even then, it was a long, long haul before she learned to accept that paranormal and haunted are not necessarily the same thing.

If all else fails, just ghostbox when she is not around?