View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Sep 25th, 2012 01:09 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

LASER Toner experiments: The charge on a toner imaging drum is electrostatic, not electromagnetic. For toner deposition to occur, you need a charge differential of about 600 volts DC. Usually the paper is uncharged, but the drum is negatively saturated to -600 volts or more. You can often smell the ozone given off by this charge as the machine operates. :D Figured I lend a little help there and to help set the stage for further tinkering. Do be careful and always protect the drum assembly from ambient light. It could permanently photosensitize an area and it will always produce a black band from there on out.

High speed imaging equipment - This a nifty idea, but one I would trust someone else will try for us first. I know I for one simply do not have the funds available for a decent setup with a telecentric light and lens setup. :/ But there are many less expensive "machine vision" packages that can approximate what you need but at slower frame rates and can be operated over TCP/IP - such systems are used in high speed manufacturing when dozens of parts, bottles, assemblies can pass a computer aided inspection station in a split second.

On Spectrogram Software notes: The only simple solution would be to either mix the stereo channels to mono or split the stereo track into two separate audio tracks, left and right respectively. You can use the "frames" from the digital tracks for accurate temporal synchronization.

X-Ray Imaging: Not safe or viable for the average experimenter. The equipment is large and bulky. Especially if it is an active X-Ray imaging system. There are very high voltages involved too. I am not afraid of high potentials, but having worked with X-Ray imaging hardware that was "portable" for site and construction inspection, this is not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced. There is the very real threat of injury and death from long term exposure even if every precaution is made. *Passive*, Back-scatter imaging that relies on data collected from naturally occurring, background decay and cosmic sources is more viable, as it does not require the use of an active source - but I am pretty sure the government would be interested in you if you were to even be able to purchase such a system. It would be smaller, compact, emits no radiation, but the things it COULD be potentially used for would make you very "suspect".

Digital Binary Experiments - Whether you have a CCD or CMOS image sensor - they operate by having millions of little "wells". These wells can have a nano-lens assembly just on the surface to parallelize light entering each cell. A photon or series of photons entering each cell is converted into a mild electrical charge. A cell is then "read" by the camera's digital image processor, checking in a rapid sweep all cells for a charge. Which and how charged a cell can then be processed into other characteristics such as saturation, hue, and intensity. A REAL test of spirit being able to impart energy to these cells, and it does not take much - is to simply leave the body cap on your camera, no lens. Invite spirit to imprint directly onto the camera and manually trigger the camera or, use a remote triggering device tuned to take captures at specific intervals. Or - just set it to take video and do a frame by frame analysis.
Many CCD's use a triple layer of sensitive transistor films in a monolithic assembly, each sensitive to the primary colors. Red, green, blue, respectively.(Why some cameras advertise "Triple CCD" on the side) A few CMOS sensors are just Red-Green sensitive, the red and green pixel "wells" grouped into a pair, side by side for each pixel. The imaging processor uses an intelligent algorithm to compare saturation and intensity of the two variables it collects to extrapolate "blue" image data. A raw 14 bit per pixel CMOS raster scan is then stored in a collection buffer as it is "developed" and then either stored directly out to memory/tape (RAW/CR2/DAT) or dependent on settings, JPG compressed to a still or Motion JPEG data stream. (MPEG,MP4, MPEG2, WMA, 3GP, Quicktime - depends on camera features and hardware Codecies it's built with.)

Digital Format ITC - Problem with very "lossy" compression schemes is that the process itself - especially when compressing for lightweight size, low data rate - introduces a TON of noise and gonks into the image that could be interpreted as phenomenon. Too easily in fact. I do not place much credibility into images compressed into such a format, video compressed and re-compressed too will get noisier and noisier. It's not that something is being added in, it's that more and more is taken OUT that creates these artifacts and afterimages. ONCE *any* image makes it to either JPEG or a motion compression scheme that is not absolutely "lossless" - it is no longer a viable source to work with, process or for analysis. RAW sensor data, Stream data, with EXIF tags in place and "Tagged" interchange file formats is what works for me. Raw transfer (firewire) from Digital tape motion cameras (Such as DVCam and Mini DV) is also good to work with. Direct to digital DVD recorders because they use MPEG-2 compression are NOT suitable. (To me anyway) Old school style Hi-8 XR's and Digital Hi-8's are suitable as they do not compress image data. When you capture to PC from them via a Pinnacle card or device of choice? Store them on disc and analyze them in uncompressed formats. The moment it goes to MPEG/MPEG-1/2 /MP4, or any other high compression format, it's *done* and useless for analysis or viewing/sharing objectively.

Controlled TV Video scan - I remember reading multiple times that channel 51 in the UHF band is a directly harmonious spirit frequency. With the shut down of analog broadcast in the US, this is a wide open field. Alas, the spectrum is being sold off and used for low power digital broadcast. A.K.A. "White space frequency spectrum" Cell phone companies and ISP's are starting to utilize these to retail Ultra Wideband modulation and pulse transmission to deploy Internet and wireless services into rural areas, so once again, use your head when experimenting with receivers - you can be tuning in for a moment on a pulse of stream data as someone is "sexting" their mate. ;>

Holographic Imaging - requires precise, clean and absolutely vibration isolated equipment to be viable. You can build a source laser on the cheap from a kit, whether it's a gas/strobe pumped lattice or diode pumped. But the optical bench required to set up your splitters, mirrors and reference and interference beams will cost a small mint. It would have to be in the basement, the garage - or on a concrete slab, as it can weigh up to two tons or more. And of course, being in such an environment, it may be some time before you can get it cleaned and so dust free as to produce artifact free images. This is no light undertaking and requires a degree of finesse and scientific know-how that can be daunting for many. (Not scaring you away - just, wow - these experiments will require a bit of investment and training)

Mirrors vibrating @ a sound frequency: Rather than attach to a speaker, rotate a mirror with multiple flat faces on a high speed stepper motor. Precise positioning, rotation of the multiple faces before a precisely modulated LASER can produce images. This is exactly how Laser printers work. ;D

Superfluid Imaging - Wow. Just, where to begin in this? The materials and conditions where this works under breathable atmosphere present a severe risk to person and property if it gets out of control. It occurs naturally but I have yet to know anyone outside of Star Trek that plunged into a Neutron star and lived. :D Storing, let alone manipulating liquid helium is a no-no for us at home experimenters. :>

Hydrophone EVP - this intrigues me and i do not see how or why this cannot produce results. I lack equipment to modify and funds to purchase the appropriate materials - but I cannot see any reason for this to not work. Other experimenters have attempted this, having read in a few other places - but I did not read of any results, positive or negative.

Everything else on the list is very interesting and not beyond the hope of many to tinker with. But to do so, many folk are going to have to up their game and not only teach themselves, but others. If nothing a group exercise in collective experimenting, especially the remote radio idea! But I would stress that the use of non-compressing transmission techniques be employed because the results would always be called into question as being mere "noise" and spurious rubbish transcoded/vocoded when the stream is compressed. It's a mere byproduct of the technique and by far, nothing supernatural in the least. But at the same time, you want the transmission clarity to be absolutely a 1:1 representation when the loud, clear voice of an EVP rings across it, yes?