View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Sep 21st, 2012 09:03 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

The red halo of light is being caused by a streetlight reflecting off of the canopy of trees in front of it. I bet you can replicate it time and again. ;D Also one of the reasons why I will set a camera stationary and take multiple exposures in an attempt to obtain a series of before, event, and after event images. Digital memory is cheap compared to 35mm film, so go heavy on the multiple exposures. :D Also - if you do not have one already, obtain a lens cleaning kit and a cleaning "pen". Make sure that your front element is absolutely spotless. Use the pen's brush to sweep away any specs and the "foot" on the opposite side of the pen to remove any smudges. Night time exposures will manifest weird reflections and spots by nature of the optical elements present in any camera unless lenses are spotlessly clean or designed with coated optics to reduce inter-element reflections.

A quick tip it's a reflection inside the lens? Likely you can trace the "area" of an anomaly to a light source directly opposite to it within the frame. The high street light behind the trees in the upper left of frame correlate to the area of anomaly by the flowering shrubbery. If the camera allows still shots taken at the same time you can take video - try that too. Roll on video and push the still shot button every time you think you feel you need to, or to document a still image of what you suspect is activity without interruption in video roll. Video will help you too, in determining what is just optical "hot spotting" (which I suspect is going on here) from a real paranormal event. :D