View single post by clockdryve
 Posted: Sep 7th, 2012 09:37 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
clockdryve

My Serial Number on this DR60 is FD8HB17584 and it has the "screaming sounds" I still need to look for (or make) a file to upload an example -- Sorry.

I think I will do some recording today...I haven't done any in quite a while.

One thing I ask you to try...(and anyone else)

Take your DR60's and do a little "test" as I have asked this question on eBay and some of the DR60's are a little different...

Go to a very quiet location...closet or something, as long as it is "still" quiet...careful of your breathing sounds, and be SURE your microphone is set to HIGHEST setting (full bars) and turn on recorder...(make a recording).

Now SOME of the DR60's will not record without SOME amount of noise (voice activated feature-full time) but others will continue to record WITHOUT any noise from outside sources...

Also...listen to your DR60's while recording, put the speaker up to (or touching) your ear...you may or may NOT hear a "ticking" or hissing sound....

So there are SOME differences to be had with the DR60 recorders...

Mine records in full silence -- and has the "ticking" I mentioned coming from the speaker...

Would be interesting to see what you come up with while searching the operating characteristics of your multiple serial numbered recorders.

HELLO ArizonaEVP :cool: !!!