View single post by Joshua Sean
 Posted: Sep 3rd, 2012 06:45 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Joshua Sean

Vicki and Clockdryve, I am sorry for your losses. The EVPs captured of Braden are amazing. I have learned a lot by reading your posts, thank you both!

I am curious if anyone has learned anything new about the DR60 serial number issue since this was originally posted. Of the three DR60s I own, two are FD8GAxxxxx and one is FF9EFxxxxx. The one that is MOST active is FF9EFxxxxx.

Since the first time I pressed the record button on FF9EFxxxxx, I get SCREAMING. The screaming is immediately recognizable over other voices in the white noise. During playback, I can have the volume almost to zero, and the screaming is still loud enough to rattle the plastic housing of the recorder. On occasion, the communication will attempt to answer my questions with phrases and words, but 90% of the time, the words are not understandable. This communication will occur anywhere I physically take the recorder in the world. Recently, the communication interrupted EVP sessions at the Whaley House in San Diego, CA. Also, I feel it may be responsible for moving things in my home. I have no A/V evidence to support this, just an instinctual feeling.

My HDD contains countless EVP sessions saved of this communication both screaming and speaking. As I type this posting, I can press the record button on FF9EFxxxxx, record for 10 seconds on any mic sensitivity level, playback the file, and get an intense screaming voice. The communication gets louder and more eager to talk if I start asking questions. More recently, the communication has taken over this “later-edition” DR60, and I no longer receive any other voices other than the screaming and garbled talking. My other two DR60s with the early serial numbers FD8GAxxxxx do not pick up this specific communication.

I uploaded a portion of the EVP session containing the loudest, longest scream recorded of this communication. This occurred on November 11, 2011 during early morning EVP sessions in my home studio. The file is raw and has not been edited in anyway, or altered with equalization, noise reduction, or amplification. The file was transferred from FF9EFxxxxx into Pro Tools and bounced as an .mp3. If you choose to listen to it, please lower your speaker volume. The scream is much louder than my voice.

I have no idea who or what is communicating through FF9EFxxxxx, but I would speculate the serial number associated with the Panasonic RR-DR60 does not play a role in its effectiveness at recording EVP. What is everyone else’s opinion on this?

Attachment: Loud Scream.mp3 (Downloaded 970 times)

Last edited on Sep 3rd, 2012 07:01 PM by Joshua Sean

Joshua