View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Aug 30th, 2012 01:50 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Thanks Arizona and Psychopompos :)

Meteorite ?! :blink:
:biggrin:

Yes, 5K coils indeed. I mean, how on earth (or elsewhere) could a 5K coil be wound to the dimensions shown in the original device ?
Mine worked out at 167 Ohm's each, matched, using finer than hair 40 AWG from a relay.
One way, feasibly, would be to use a 5K pot and wind it up to nearly full, then use the coil to make up to the 5K.
However, I do think the highest ohm reading to be important..after all, that's the spec.

All of this has me further intrigued, because of some petrovoltaic experiments recently.
In this 2 minute video, I show that a piece of rock actually runs in an LED circuit better than a straight wire connection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQTRQUuuutM
Simple circuit diagram is shown within the video.  

@Psychopompos - I'll gladly help. Although of zero income, I have a lot of spares etc around here and will further the development. There's no way on the planet I could afford some germanium chips at the moment, so would be doing us both a favour and, hopefully furthering this fascinating circuit for others.

@ArizonaEVP - the best earpiece i've used with crystal radio experiments is from an old telephone. It works well and is something to try on the original build, or a subsequent build. Where does one find the pink single earbud types these days ? I used to see them in the ears of the hard of hearing in the 1980's, but haven't seen any recently (in or out of old folks ears).

Last edited on Aug 30th, 2012 01:54 PM by Slider2732