View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: May 22nd, 2007 09:03 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hi Fletch,

Currently I have 2-3 radios which stay on 24-7. As of the last month or so, spirit has been able to show their constant presence every day. I first heard them on an AM radio in Nov 05, then on shortwave around May 06. I spent the first 5-6 months constantly tuning and trying to change things, finally settled down around September 06. For about 5 months after that, I would hear them an average of maybe 2-3 days out of the week - sometimes strong, sometimes weak.

Since February/March of this year they have been there strong over 90% of the time. Their strength is constant now; however, it still cannot yet be understood. At this time I am not involved in efforts to improve the radio setup by my own means.

I have one shortwave radio, tuned to 22500 (22.5) MHZ, one AM radio tuned to about 1740khz, and another tube radio which just quit working. I leave the radios where they are, no need to tune them. If I did, it wouldn't matter anyway. They come through the radios primarily, rather than a given frequency. When they come through, they come through both radios simultaneously - even though they are on different bands and frequencies.

I have a signal generator, but I haven't used it much. During the 20 or 30 times I did experiment with it, I didn't recognize any noticeable communication. When I had it setup, it was pretty much just like the way you described.

The contact is going to vary from person to person - no telling where you may find success.

There's a group of us on this forum who record together each Wednesday, if you'd like to take part. The purpose of the group is to provide support for each other for this difficult area of ITC. The ultimate goal is improved communication via radio for the group.

Keith