View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jun 11th, 2012 07:37 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

RandyJ wrote: Have you found that certain days or weather types seem to kick up the evps? I have and if I return to the same spot every week more and more voices can be heard . As if the word gets out .

Hello RandyJ,

Certain days,  no.  The folks on the other side of the fence seem to be around us 24 / 7 /365.

I can only speak for myself,  but the addition or inclusion of noise does work very well for me.

Some researchers I know like to use rain or running water.  Still others prefer things like chirping birds or small aircraft (piston) engines as they fly overhead.

I think what works best for them and others is that it helps the researcher to hear responses in the frequencies they hear best in.

For all intents & purposes,  most people tend to hear better in the 1000hz to 3500hz range. 

Unfortunately,  in my opinion,  the upper ranges seem to be where tricksters and hecklers respond.

I've found more meaningful responses between 250 to 1000Hz...but it takes practice to try and hear them.  For me at least,  the lower the frequency of the respondent,  the slower the speech is.

One thing that helps is the use of a software based graphic equalizer.  Some audio programs have them.  And if you happen to have an add on soundcard like a soundblaster,  you might already have one installed on your computer. 

This way you can reduce the higher frequencies and in essence fine tune the EVP to your liking.  At the very least you can try listening for those lower pitched responses.

If you ever get a chance,  try noise from wind.  Crack a window or listen to the sound of the bathroom vent on a windy day.  Finding a sweet spot that does not  overpower the recording will draw out many medium pitched responses.

People also use White or Pink noise during their EVP visits.  If you or anyone else would like to try using this type of noise,  I have posted various types of White - Pink - Brown noise in another thread.  There is even a Grey noise file.  You can find them here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=990&forum_id=17

As far as your observation of "word getting out" and the increased amount of EVPs you are getting;  to some extent that is true.

Your intent or being can also come into play.  Like any where else,  if your a decent person....more people will be willing to communicate with you.

And lets not forget about the cognitive abilities of the folks on the other side of the fence.  Since they already know you will be recording and listening to the recording,  they probably figure they have a chance to be heard and possibility get a message through.  Hence,  the increase in responses.

In comparison,  its not unlike the multitude of images seen in the Stream.  Spirit knows there is an ethereal camera of sorts available so they crowd the spectrograph of the Stream in order to see and be seen.

If you haven't checked out Keith's Stream project go here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=704&forum_id=36

Take Care,
Ron