View single post by Spider
 Posted: Oct 12th, 2011 09:36 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Spider

People hear at all different levels, and it depends on what meduim it is being heard from............is it straight off the recorder, straight off the computer once downloaded and NOT enhanced or edited, or straight off the recorder with head phones?  My preferred method is listening off the computer once downloaded WITHOUT head phones, and then followed up by listening off the computer with headphones, just for more clarification.  I am pretty much low tech, and I listen on Windows Media Player.  I will use Audacity occasionally when I want to isolate some part, and put it on a loop.  When I want to present what I have heard to someone, the most I will do is give the second mark at where I heard something.  I never expect most people to be able to hear it the way that I do, that is a given.  But I avoid editing like the plague!!  I know most people do edit or enhance, and that is fine, it just isn't for me.  I prefer a good old fashioned raw analog recording to anything else!

In the 'field', I found itis easier to listen straight from the recorder, that helps me ask the next question or talk about what answer I may have just been given.  It helps keep a flow going, I have found.

anyway, that's my 2 cents worth!!