View single post by Spider
 Posted: Jul 26th, 2011 07:49 AM
Full Topic
Spider

Your observation of cemetary spirits is curious one.  Why do they hang around long after they have died?  I wondered if it was due to ignorance, them hoping that their families and friends would return to a central place that they would know the body is is at, assuming that this would be the logical place to 'talk' to them at?  I know from previous experience that some are still waiting for somone to come along and tell them what to do next.  I won't record in cemetaries anymore, I find it much too sad.  My last recording was done in the childrens section, and a little girls voice said "Daddy won't come here anymore".  When I was there all I heard were cries for help, or people asking for what I presumed was a spouse or loved one, where were they?

I call these the 'lost people'.  And my goodness, they are all talking all at one time!!  They are desperately wanting someone to hear them!

The memorial theme is maybe a final wish that they are being recognized, after maybe being ignored for most of their lives?  The Day of the Dead may be a good concept, it would allow families with deceased loved ones to be able to get together on a designated day, no confusion in that.  I wonder what a recording session at a cemetary would be like on this day??  I bet pretty active, with so many talking and trying to interact. It would be good if other cultures were to try this and make it a tradition. 

Lisa