View single post by fratka
 Posted: Apr 27th, 2007 05:17 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
fratka

Hey Lee,

Using the radio for EVP can open doors for much more exciting contacts. From what we have found so far, the only difference the frequency makes is the clearity of the messages received. The level of the contacts you receive depends on you. In this type of spirit interaction like attracts like.

I use everything from shortwave, VHF/UHF and SHF. Then again my experiments and those of the recording group I belong to are to make contact for two-way, real time communication. I believe we are on the verge of what the pioneers of this field call "a breakthrough".

How experienced are you with EVP? Have you got very many captures? How long have you been doing it?

I recommend you listen to some of the captures in a couple of the forums here. Particularly, Direct Radio Voice (Experimental) and Direct Radio Voice. This will give you an idea of what kinds of "tones" to listen for and start recording. One thing you will notice is that there are many different techniques for doing this and each person has their favorite. We have several people on this forum who experiment with most if not all techniques. Keith, Misty, Laura, myself, Old Frank and others are all good resources for your questions. If we don't know the answer we can point you in the right direction.

Below is an example of a typical tone i would hear when recording. Again, this is my technique, not everyone does it the same way. The first file with this post is RAW and unedited so it still has a lot of noise in it but it is typical for what I hear.

Regards,

Texas Frank

Attachment: 041807DVRRecord1_Who are we speaking with_Paul.mp3 (Downloaded 1817 times)