View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Jun 15th, 2011 02:23 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

One is pleased to be of assistance. :D The good news is, if it's mucked up in the end, you're only out $30 and haven't spent a small mint on "paranormal research equipment". In reality, there is no such thing. A little schooling on the subject will have you tinkering and breaking open stuff, or shopping the shelves at the local Wally-world for clearance items to fabricate your own mischief. :)

I am also in accord with Kieth. You'll get single syllables in the burst of radio carrier between skips. Sometimes, it is HARD to follow a message, as it can be many voices over many sweeps, so you'll need to record. Other times, it will be not a chorus, but a single, clear voice that stays with you with three to several skips. I knew I was "on to something" with my modded 12-587 when I heard my real life, three syllable middle name spoken to me twice over 4 channel hops. I am still constructing my audio echo chamber and mic mixer to make something much like Frank's design with the 12-587 as speaker box input to make and catalog recordings and saving for a small digital voice recorder.

The AM sweep technique does not work well near an active computer or a voice recorder in a cellphone due to contamination w/spurious noise and interference of having nearby electronic/computing devices being active. :(

Gave myself a shock, audibly when I fat fingered the fingerprint reader on the back of the Motorola phone. It's fingerprint scanner goes active with a distinct, 1KHz *shriek* all across the AM band.

Last edited on Jun 15th, 2011 02:26 PM by Sparkz