View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Jun 15th, 2011 01:58 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

LOL, then maybe I will not get laughed at so hard when I say I was out last night, quietly contemplating our red moon when I was hit with a *mild* epiphany of how one might be able to use parametric ultrasonic acoustics in place of a standard speaker and mic in a box.

The theory is simple and complex at the same time, but essentially the same. Not sure how to make it cost effective, let alone build a working "emitter" on the cheap. But if the folk we're trying to work with naturally resonate at a much higher frequency of existence...should we not give them something that may be easier for them to manipulate?

But I figured we would need TWO emitters, aligned and balanced to reduce induced nodal oscillations at the pickup point. But any imbalance induced into the sonic "Field" could cause enough of a disturbance to cause 1st,2nd,3rd order harmonics easily perceptible, recordable, etc. Would it require a bland background noise injected into the audio stream? Less? None at all?

But the idea is not new, having it's roots back in the 70's and some patented designs employed by the military as sonic assault weapons. Some commercial enterprises have produced some home units, uniquely capable of delivering audio to a spot, or column of arbitrary space, etc. Having experienced such a unit used, it's unnerving. Stand in a spot, and the full spectrum of audio of a movie track comes alive as if inside your skull. Take a step sideways - the sound is gone. Stand back into the spot again, and the concert hall level of booms, roars, soundtrack and action is back.

Scarier still - hearing a whispered or clear voice in your ear on a haunt crawl that skips recording equipment. As if spirits were using the same ultrasonic/interference audio trick to speak to us in the first place without the use of devices.

Think about it guys.... might be worth it to investigate it, but someone with far, far deeper pockets than I needs to get a look at it. Up until a few years ago - Sennheiser listed their parametric audio array system for $4600, and just as silently took it off the market. Must not be a demand to hear ghostlike delivery of full spectrum audio to a living or bedroom "sweet spot". :D