View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Jun 14th, 2011 06:30 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

Indeed - not here 24 hours and I am reminded of taking one's own medicine. ;D I am pretty positive that if my intent with said device is made clear, and crafted with some sense of care and direction, they'll pick up and help me run with it. The physics of FM radio and digital technologies are inherently less prone to outside influence, primarily that is what spurred much of their creation and refinement over the years. I am in agreement with their intrinsic abilities to modulate easily along the lines of amplitude. Hence why multi-tonal sound streams "Spiricom" as an example seem to get intelligible responses. Pink, brown, white noise contains all audible spectra of human perception - their ability to amplify/attenuate the energy levels (volume) of select areas of this spectra lets our heads matrix/psycho-acoustically "tune in" on their intent...

Digital is much harder to influence in this manner, but I feel that as technology progresses, faster, smaller, less energy demanding devices come along, we'll inadvertently sink through the noise floor and into bands of frequencies that are given EASILY to outside influences. But TTL-level voltage switching, CMOS, Etc. w/operational voltages from anywhere between 5 volts down to .8 plus error checking/control inherent in most computers and devices, it will take something wickedly powerful and orders of magnitude more influential to get a transistor to flip a bit on accident.

Nifty bit about Shortwave up to about 80m band is that they propagate a fair bit due to bouncing in band layers in our upper limits of the Earth's atmosphere. This has serious potential, opening quite a wide range of possibilities if there is some sort of spirit < - > living communication we manage to crack. BUT - it has to be in a demonstrable, dead on bollocks *Science*. Alas, belief, intent, and a disembodied voice as to date has yet to sit on the scales in anyone's laboratory. ;D We cannot yet quantify what it is that we do or how we go about it - but we can still sure try to qualify it. Or at least, I will try to.

I am not going to have the materials and the monies assembled anytime soon to pursue my idea, as there is also a bit of acoustical design I want to get out of the way before I start to scavenge, build and conjure. Right now trying to logic my way through "smooth hard walls or baffles w/ wadding?" etc. etc. etc. I am going to try to shoot for a box resonance and dampening factor specifically in the tonal ranges of human speech if I can. And of course, one with no such concern at all, but for portability's sake and see where it gets me.

Boy howdy though, wanna get instant, parasitic gain to make a project pop - you tune it for the frequencies you WANT. :woot:

Edit: I am so picky about one, untyped letter. Details, details...

Last edited on Jun 14th, 2011 06:33 PM by Sparkz