View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Jun 13th, 2011 05:55 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

Okay, still waiting on the glue to dry on my hacked Radio Shack digital tuner. And here I sit pondering this site, and others where I was reflecting on some of Frank's designs on his boxes. Being rather new to this particular experience, I have a lingering question based solely on my lack of personal experience thus far:

Would it benefit in any way to rig up an echo chamber using Op amps to drive a speaker, bias an electret mic and mix an operator's mic into a single output? Does it make a difference? Will it be of benefit for operator and the spirit to ease communications?

Just sighting a personal observation in here as well, and please - discuss... Informed and/or anecdotal opinion is needed to help influence which way I fling the coin when I get to tossing it. :D

Does it seem to others as myself that spirit's got a better/easier time of it when there is SOMETHING "analog" for it to influence? Meaning, in the age of digital and emerging technologies and techniques - the old ways of approaching mechanically assisted mediumship seem to just "work"? Frank's box incorporates *little* digital processing beyond a PLL/synthesized tuner, the rest is all analog circuitry. Various spirit boxes and doodads + hoosker doo's (and a few DON'Ts) seem to garner the most attention. Along with devices like the Spiricom, using precision, but still, analog technologies at it's heart. Again, something akin to Frank's design is there, the distance between two antenna's coupled to one another in a Faraday cage - there is that open air, biological, analog taste "in the middle" giving spirit that femptosecond of time to jump in there and blow our minds... Video ITC - sure, you have that really NICE digital HD cam, but what is it doing? Camera output via analog/digital to TV. Image passes through open air space (That analog bit! Open to influence!) to Digital camera pickup, in an infinite loop. Etc. Etc. Etc...

Thoughts? Theories? Cheers-n-jeers? :biggrin: