View single post by Sparkz
 Posted: Jun 13th, 2011 05:18 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Sparkz

iOvilus and it's ilk are rather ill suited for "EVP" work, as I *think* the technology relies very heavily on real-time mathematical transformation of collected sensory data. Think of it this way, you're lucky to hear anything a tall. It takes considerable effort, concentration and energies on the behalf of the ones that decide to speak to us to do so. Now, with a finite measure of power/energy in hand, we're asking them to fluctuate the space around us in a sustainable manner to get a "word lock" out of these devices.

We're lucky to get one word out of them. ;>

Some of them seem to have inexhaustible reserves and can belt out "pertinent" sociable one worded comments for minutes on end. Had one tell me last night that the rains were to come to my locate today, and it has come. "Storm" -> "Today" 10 seconds apart from one another on an Android "Ghost RADAR" app. Along with some rather pointed one word commentary on what was on my television at the time, "Bill" seemed to like Married W/Children giving pertinent one word responses to plot points in the episode.

Does it work? Is it wash? My jury is still out on these devices. However it seems that they "hit" on words or do not speak at all, depending on my moods. If I am receptive and willing to "work with the device" I get responses that have some sort of personal significance. If I get mind to put it down, leave it alone, it quits doing much of anything.

And when the app "zeroes" its' background noise count off the sensory array in the phone for 10 minutes of warm up - absolute rubbish and random nonsense spouts forth from it. :blink:

Last edited on Jun 13th, 2011 05:20 PM by Sparkz